Former President Donald Trump is tied with President Joe Biden — 43% to 43% — in a hypothetical rematch of 2020, a new poll by the New York Times/Siena College shows.
Here’s how the results break down:
- 50% of men say they would vote for Trump, compared to 36% who say they would vote for Biden.
- 49% of women say they would vote for Biden, while 37% say they would vote for Trump.
- 30% of voters, who said they plan to cast their ballots for Biden, maintained they hoped Democrats would nominate someone else.
- 20% of Democrats say they would be enthusiastic about Biden if he received the Democratic Party’s nomination.
- 51% say they would be satisfied, but not enthusiastic.
- 26% of Democrats say they would be enthusiastic if Vice President Kamala Harris was the party’s nominee in 2024.
- 39% approve of the way Biden is handling his job, while 54% disapprove.
- 41% say they have a favorable opinion of Trump, while 55% say they have an unfavorable view of him.
The poll, conducted July 23-27, surveyed 1,329 registered voters. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.67 percentage points.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.